Kickstart Your Time in London
Arriving in London can be stressful: a huge city to adapt to, new friends to meet,
a job to find and lots of partying to do. There are lots of small, annoying things you need to set up
when you arrive in London like opening a bank account, applying for a National Insurance
number, getting a mobile phone number, and finding a place to live. Ask anyone who has moved to London
and they'll tell you that all of these things can cause huge headaches, espcially getting an NI number and
opening a bank account. Fortunately 1st Contact, a company focused on helping new arrivals to the UK,
who are the longest running relocation company for working travellers heading to the UK, have
a package that will make your life easier and save you loads of time when you first arrive.
1st Contact Kickstart
The Kickstart package is the best way to remove the stress of relocating and help you settle comfortably into your new London life. It is great value for money and saves a lot of time and hassle allowing you to start enjoying your UK experience sooner.
The Kickstart package, which costs only AUS$85, NZ$99, R390 in SA, and £35 in the UK, includes:
- UK Bank Account - Quick and easy best of all no need for proof of address in the UK. You have a choice of three different banks, HSBC, Barclays or Lloyds TSB. Alternatively you can open an international bank account and have your bank documents posted to you before you leave home.
- UK National Insurance Number Assistance - Avoid paying emergency Tax by registering for your NI Number. As part of the Kickstart package we offer you a help guide that explains how to apply yourself. However, the process can be quite lengthy and time consuming. 1st Contact also offers an Easy National Insurance service for AUS $50 where you will receive you NI number 2 to 4 weeks.*(or AUS $35, NZ $31 if purchased in conjunction with the Kickstart pack - simply use the form below to get the discount applied now).
- A UK SIM Card - Available in both Standard SIM and Micro SIM sizes for iPhone 4 and iPad users. Pay & Go SIM card has CHEAP international call rates and data download. (Your new UK Phone number is also provided before you leave home, which is great for your CV and Family and Friends).
- FREE Pre registration to 1st Contact Umbrella - If you are working in a temporary contract position use 1st Contact Umbrella Payroll and claim back a part of your relocation costs including your flights.*
- FREE International money transfer - Send your money to your new UK bank account for FREE. 1st Contact offer competitive exchange rates and avoid ALL bank charges.
- CV and Job Assistance - 1st Contact offer the correct UK CV format and send your CV to our Job Assistance team for FREE. Job Assistance work with over 100 of the UK’s premier recruitment agencies and they can help to find you a job before you leave home.
- FREE 5 days gym membership - PLUS discounted gym contract.
- UK informative Guide - This includes everything you need to know about London from the transport system, the UK tax system, the healthcare system, UK sporting events, driving, entertainment, finding work, travelling abroad and lots more.
- FREE Accommodation Assistance - We teamed up with a network of accommodation providers to suit your budget, from private studio apartments to hostels.
- FREE Travel Insurance quote - Talk to us about your needs and we’ll provide a quote that suits your travel plans.*
- PLUS - Discounts on 1st Contact Services and affiliated partners including tax refunds, shipping, accommodation and tour operators.
- Optional Additional Extras - EURO Travel Money Card, A-Z London Guide, TNT Little Black Book and Mobile Broadband Dongle
Note: no minimum deposit is required to open a bank account through this package.
*upon submitting your NI paper application form to 1st Contact OR attending your Evidence of Identity Interview (EOI) with the JobCentre Plus.
*to claim back your relocation costs 1st Contact Umbrella must be your first employer in the UK.
*travel insurance available for Australians travelling to the UK
How It Works
This Kickstart package is operated by 1st Contact — an established traveller's service company who specialise in helping people relocate to the UK.
The 1st Contact London office will contact you pre-departure and you will personalise your own Kickstart package and choose your appropriate bank appointment time online.
You can either collect your Kickstart pack form the 1st Contact office or we can arrange to have your package posted to your UK address. You'll attend your pre booked bank appointment with your passport and 'Kickstart bank letter', which is provided to you in your Kickstart pack. The bank consultant will assist you in opening your bank account and provide your bank account details on the same day. Once your account is open, you will receive your bank documents within 7-10 working days.
VERY IMPORTANT: You must bring your passport (showing your visa with your entitlement to work in the UK) to BOTH the 1st Contact office and bank meeting.
To sign up for this package following link to 1st
Contact's Kickstart page and complete the 2 minute questionnaire so they can help with your bank account and starting you life in the UK.
MONEY & COSTS